Re: RE: belly pan gasket

From: Robert D. Smith (rsmith13@NYCAP.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 07:08:26 EST

Chris, I haven't gotten to the b-p gasket yet, so I'm not sure of the
thickness or composition of it, but I'd say that it would probably have to
be laser welded.The applied heat is better controlled & focused on the
actual weld prep than by a "VERY GOOD" hand welding operation.
I'm a machinst by trade & dealt with countless component distortions
resultant from manual welding operations. Hell I've had 3/4 steel(carbon &
alloy) distort enough that they wouldn't fixture at the machining
operations. It would seem that DC/CC engineers could come up with a sweeter
design that would allow for a precision grind on the mating surfaces to
allow for a better seal. (JM$.02)

Bob Smith
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4

For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it!)