TPS operation re: extremes (min/max)

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 14:20:19 EST

Bob Tom wrote:

> Hi, Shane
>
> At 12:37 PM 3/3/01 -0600, you wrote:
> ><snip>
> >Any idea what the the expected extremes for TPS operation are? I'm getting
> >around 12.5 percent fully closed and 72.x percent fully opened. Hmmm - I bet
> >thats in my powertrain diagnostics manual - doh! - I hate when I realize I
> >should
> >be reading the friggen manual (RTFM)... Shane
>
> The F body boys say the voltage bump is made at 70% throttle.
>
> I've also read of another TPS mod specifically done on a Chrysler product.
> The author states that the information has been confirmed by certified

<snip>

Thanks for all that good info Bob - when I fully digest whats going on in mine, I
hope to dig in to this subject further.

Unfortunately I've got MAP sensor issues again. Apparently my sensor might be ok
as it is accurately reporting pressure to the PCM connector. Now I'm thinking I
either have a problem w/the harness or the PCM itself - will send an update when I
get my hands completely around the problem (why can't I ever get a "simple" problem
8)

Thanks again!

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"