Re: New Member w/ Supercharged 4.7

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 08:16:18 EST

So how much does it help with wheel hop and do you get better traction
with it? I saw Sam and Dave (Shade tree Mechanics before they got duded
up with chrome) show this thing one day and went to the website for more
info. There was a testimonial there from a salesman at a local 4Duh
dealership who claimed it helped his quarter mile times for his
lightning. I figured he was trying to sell more trucks, but, since he was
local, I went to talk to him. He was long gone from that place and no one
knew where to reach him. E-mail to the company didn't do good, so I
dropped it.

Anyhow, I got rid of all my wheel hop with Jon Smith's double spring
clamps (even with the S/C) but would still like better grip on take-off.
How does it help your traction? Do you spin your wheels?

Thanks!

Richard in San Antonio

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001 14:05:01 EST Signman615@cs.com writes:
> I really like the Kenne Bell unit and so far have had no problems
> with it.
> I've never had a supercharger on anything before so I can't really
> compare it
> to anything. The power is there if I want it (just stomp on the gas)
> or drive
> normally and I'm not in boost so my gas mileage isn't affected. I
> usually get
> into it at least once a day, I just can't help it! As for the
> Roadmaster
> Active Suspension you can check out info. on that at
> www.activesuspension.com. I really like this also. I got it before I
> got the
> SC because of bad wheel hop and I was worried about axle wrap with
> the
> additional power that the SC was going to put to the rear end. The
> only draw
> back was that the rear was raised about 1 inch or so, but I'm told
> that this
> may settle out over time. I use my truck as a work truck and it's
> sometimes
> loaded down and I also tow a horse trailer in the summer. This also
> helps
> with this as well.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.