Re: IAC WAS Re: Quick D TB!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 08:34:22 EST

Andy

 From the description of your rough idle problem, I would say that it's a mild
but annoying one.

I think that you're running with the 180 tstat and 3923 Autolites. It might
be that that combo plus the cold temps for your engine have fouled the plugs
quite a bit. I would examine their condition to see if you're running rich
(you
can also see if there is any carbon on the inside of your exhaust tip for a
clue
as well) and that their gaps are all the same. I would then pull the dist. cap
and check the condition of the connectors and rotor. I'd also get a magnifying
glass to see if there are any tiny hairline cracks in the cap.

A time-consuming but no cost check. Of course, this might not be a good time.
I got about 2" of snow overnight here ... did you get any or much in Syracuse?

Bob