Re: IAC WAS Re: Quick D TB!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 17:11:14 EST

At 04:02 PM 3/5/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks Bob. Yes, it is annoying, but liveable. I am running the 180 and the
>3923s, but I do periodically "blow it out." 2 weeks ago I ran from here to
>Plattsburgh, NY (about 300 miles) in a night, 5 hours and change with a good
>portion at 70 MPH or faster (including some quality time in the low
>80s). And, of
>course, the return trip (a little more sedate). Should that have cleared
>things
>out, at least for a while?

Tough to say. It may be that with the 180, 3923s, temps. and your engine
they might
foul up faster and more often. I know when I had the 70 muscle mopars they
tended
to foul up quickly but those were carbs not efi and higher compression.

><snip>
>Do you think I should swap to 3924s for the winter months? The thermostat
>is too
>much of a pain to swap twice a year.

I know what you mean. I'm running with the 3923s and the 195, and it's
been okay
with my engine for the past few winters. Although last week, I was coming very
slowly to a stop sign in a res. area (engine was still in cold state) and I
got a
misfire (heard it through the tb). The PCM did a fuel cut. It started
right up after
I stopped and put it neutral. First time that has happened.

I just find that, with the 180 when temps. get near 0F and below, the heat
from the heater
isn't hot enough. Also, I change to a water/water wetter for the track
season and
have to go back to 50-50 antifreeze mix for the winter.

I would try the 3924s for the winter months ... been in the back of mind
for a couple of years.

BTW, slight vacuum and air leaks (especially from gaskets around the tb and
air hat) can
cause a rough idle.

Have a safe trip. Man, that is a lot of snow.
Bob