Re: IAC WAS Re: Quick D TB!

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 16:02:35 EST

Thanks Bob. Yes, it is annoying, but liveable. I am running the 180 and the
3923s, but I do periodically "blow it out." 2 weeks ago I ran from here to
Plattsburgh, NY (about 300 miles) in a night, 5 hours and change with a good
portion at 70 MPH or faster (including some quality time in the low 80s). And, of
course, the return trip (a little more sedate). Should that have cleared things
out, at least for a while?

These 3923s were installed last July. Stock ignition otherwise. They're probably
getting a little long in the tooth.

My cap and wires (maybe rotor too) were replaced by the dealer in September, along
with a resyncing of the distributor itself (it was 5 degrees off).

This is definitely not a good time to check. Got 6+ inches last night, and it's
been snowing like mad all day. Total anticipated snowfall by the end of Tuesday is
18-24 inches here (and I have a flight to Boston Wednesday evening!). I wanted to
check a couple weeks ago but it was too far cold then.

Do you think I should swap to 3924s for the winter months? The thermostat is too
much of a pain to swap twice a year.