Re: RE: AC compressor kicking on and off

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 12:01:26 EST

At 07:38 AM 3/6/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>No it isn't normal.

Mine does this when defrost is on. I think this is normal in
defrost. Supposed to help dry the air in the Truck and help defrost the
windows. At least that is the case in the Toyotas I've owned. In the case
of the Toyota, if the outside air is below a certain temp. the AC comes on
with the defrosters. My 91 Dak cycles the compressor on and off only when
the AC is on, or the defrost button is pushed. I don't know if this is
normal but it makes sense.
Bye,
Ray

reply to ray.sulich@snet.net