RE: AC compressor kicking on and off

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 13:19:42 EST

Shouldn't the foot and dash setting (bi-level setting) use just the vents on
the front of the dashboard and the vents in the footwell? This setting is
different then the ones that are actually marked with a windshield defrost
symbol (the settings on the far right). I think there are 2 defrost
settings for the middle knob. One for the windshield only and one for
windshield and footwell. I realize that the AC would come on for the
defrost setting but why would the AC come on in the bi-level setting with
the temp setting set for maximum heat?

Ken