Re: AC compressor kicking on and off

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 13:11:28 EST

Yes it probably is. I know there is no snowflake beside this position but is
IS an ac mode. At low fan speed (there is no off setting on the fan speed) the
air moves very slowly over the evaporator core and it does not take much
compressor time to keep it cold so the compressor runs only a short time
especially in cool or mild weather. If the compressor cycles quickly (under 5
seconds) of high fan or on a hot day you may be low on refrigerant.