RE: Happy 3rd Anniversary! (long)

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 15:42:52 EST

Hey Mike!

Happy Anniversary and great story!

For those of us that have owned our Dak's for a few years, we too have good
memories! My '92 and I have been together for 9 years on April 2. Bought her
new with 183 miles (from a dealer swap) and have had great luck with little
repairs needed. Only one major item, replaced the tranny at around 105K. I
didn't get a chance to talk to the technician, but the service rep said he
did not know what happened. I simply could not put it into any gear - stuck
in neutral. In October I replaced the water pump (myself) and the only thing
tricky with that was they changed the mounting of the heater core fitting.
The original had a treaded insert and the new one had a slide in model.
Yikes! That longer tube is supported off the AC mount which is not a problem
if you have AC! Of course I don't so the dealer and I made a spacer to
substitute for the AC bracket. Other than that it was a walk in the park.

She has been so solid, I had to get her a big brother to play with in the
garage!

Many more happy year together!

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!