RE: Ignition Coils & Controls - Difference?

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 10:53:39 EST

Basically, the ignition control holds the spark duration for 20º of
crankshaft rotation and steps up the primary voltage to 470 volts. The
ignition coil steps up secondary voltage to a maximum of 48,000 volts when
used in conjunction with an MSD Ignition Control.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD