Re: Ignition Coils & Controls - Difference?

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 09:25:01 EST

What are the differences and/or benefits (power
mileage?) of Ignition Controls vs Ignition Coils?

I went to the MSD site. For example, there is a
Blaster Ignition & a Blaster Coil.

I don't understand.
Thanks for the education.
--- loose wheels <1991dak@team.camaroZ28.com> wrote:
> Welcome to the DML. I really don't think you are
> going to need to spend $70 for a coil. MSD makes a
> "Blaster" coil that pushes out 45,000 volts and
> should work without too much difficulty, and it only
> costs $33-$36 bucks depending on the one you go
> with. and that will leave you enough money to get
> the Cap and rotor that you want. I pernonally would
> suggest going through Summit for it. Their website
> is: http://www.summitracing.com and their online
> catalog is accessible through the link labeled
> "Store" at the top of the page. Hope this helps

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia