RE: V8 vs V6 Tranny Question

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 12:22:07 EST

The V6 comes with a 42RE, the 5.2 V8 comes with a 44RE, and the 5.9 V8 comes
with a 46RE, each one respectively heavier. Your 4.7 has the 45RFE
transmission. Your engine/transmission combo is brand new for the year
2000, at least for the Dakotas. There are some bugs on this combo because
of the newness. There are TSBs that address the problems you're having.
You should take it in to the dealer for resolution before you break
something.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD