Re: V8 vs V6 Tranny Question

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 12:54:52 EST

When I had my tranny re-built from AAMCO, they had to order a V6
converter... V8 converter had 8 more teeth, and 1" taller ring gear...
since the 42/44RE are the same tranny, and I have the 44RE, you are prolly
right, the 44RE has a few more clutches, and a double wrap band whereas the
42 has a single for the rear drum..
Oh well :)

Tim Berry