Re: A new intake?!? Group Buy

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 18:48:41 EST

On Wed, 07 Mar 2001 00:00:43 -0500, jdharmon@earthlink.net wrote:
>clog up the filter in it. Flows better than the 6x9 cone filter and
>with the stainless steel mesh instead of aluminum, the pleats will not
>be bent out of shape just installing it! USes our stock air hats too!!

Hmmm...well, using the stock air hat is not necessarily a good thing.
I have dyno proof that on the 5.9 at least, once you get into the
300hp range at the crank, the stock air hat becomes a limiting factor.
I know, because I tested a Quick D intake against a K&N Gen II intake,
using no intake at all as a baseline. The Quick D dropped 8hp, the
Gen II dropped none. Nothing wrong with the Quick D steel tube or the
K&N cone filter, it's the stock air hat, which the Gen II doesn't use.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.425 @ 93.52, 258 rwhp
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html