Re: Aamco Trans Ripped Me Off (long)

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 23:54:57 EST

At 05:46 PM 3/9/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi everyone - I need input - heres the story

Screw AAMCO beep beep ! I took a Ferd Pinto there in 82 or so and took
them up on their $95 diagnostic. They took the trans apart (I already know
it was burnt to shi*). They quoted $575 to "rebuild it". I had already
found a used trans at a junkyard for $175. I told them to put the trans
back together and I'd pay the diagnostic fee. They told me that they would
put it back together, but it probably wouldn't operate anymore. The
junkyard deal died so I told them to go ahead and rebuild it. I brought
the car home with the rebuilt trans and it leaked trans fluid all over the
driveway (they cut the cooling lines, instead of unscrewing them and their
flare job on the fittings they put in sucked). 2 months later the torque
converter died, and then 13 months later the front pump and front seal
went. Of course out of warranty! I wouldn't take the trans for an RC car
to them !
Bye,
Ray

reply to ray.sulich@snet.net