re:Subject: Aamco Trans Ripped Me Off (long)

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 14:27:05 EST

Tom, looks like I'm jumping on this post kind of late, but I wanted to pass
on my experience with AAMCO to you.

Two years ago, the clutch cable on my '89 Mustang snapped... couldn't drive
the car at all. Took the "free towing" bait, and had it hauled to AAMCO in
Ft. Worth. They keep my car for two days, never called me back to tell me
what was wrong... so I call them up. They tell me I need a clutch cable
quadrant, but also need a throwout bearing and a new clutch. I tell them to
fix the quadrant. 4 days later (this is my only vehicle at the time, mind
you)... I go to pick the car up. "Uh, the clutch is no good, so you're
probably going to have to tow it home". (Oh yeah, they ran the battery down
while it was in the shop, so they have to jump my car to start it)! Any 5.0
Mustang owner with half a brain knows to adjust the clutch, you put your
foot under the pedal and pull up, and it will click if it needs adjusting.
(Click, click!) Voila, clutch engages. Clutch still engages (10k later...
still engages) You get the picture.

My advice to you, and any other people out there is not to walk, but RUN
from doing any business with AAMCO transmissions. After telling my story to
a couple co-workers, they were all like "you took it to AAMCO???) What were
you thinking!

Sorry to be so long...
uh, Dak content:
I bought my Dakota while my Mustang was in the AAMCO shop!
Dak auto replaced by Autonation Dodge in Grand Prairie for about 2100 bones.
  Still no problems with it (28k miles later)

Later,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport
'89 Mustang 5.0 LX with a clutch that STILL works great