Re: v8 swap - 92 318 into 98 with 3.9

From: Hoostine x (Hoostine@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 20:45:28 EST

i don't live in an emissions area. :)

trade in...well, i tried that route. it was an 01 cc 4.7L 5spd. the
insurance alone was $489 a MONTH!
that's more than half of my income. not to mention the $520 truck payments.

i was trying to get a 280z or fiero for just such a reason when a rail buggy
peaked my interest. and you can make them street legal too. it weighs half
as much as the 280z so i figured i'd just put my "old" 3.9 in it when i got
done and it'd be way too fast for me.

--Hoostine

> If you live in an emissions area, check you emissions laws. While
swapping a newer engine into an older vehicle you typically have
> to meet the newer engines emissions requirements. Not a big deal. But
swapping an older engine into a newer vehicle and you
> typically have to meet the vehicles emissions requirements!
>
> Personally, I can't see doing a swap like this. Just trade your truck in
on the one you want.

> The only engine swaps I'm considering are putting a 'pinto beans' engine
into my baja and putting 350 small block into my '72 Datsun
> 240Z. Now those are things you can't trade for easily.
>
> Actually, I'd like to try getting a 4.7L in the Z instead of the chev.
Any donors? (I ain't touchin' *my* truck) ;-)