Re: Sweet Sounds!!!

From: Al & Jeanna Figols (ALJF@mhonline.net)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 09:38:51 EST

I eliminated the "air hat" or intake baffle on my 4.7L. I replaced it
with a black ABS 3" 90 deg. clamped on with a rubber clamp, and about 4
inches of straight 3" ABS. I still use the stock aircleaner box(with a
K&N)and the flexible hose that went between the aircleaner and the
baffle. It all goes together very nicly and doesn't look like a cob
job. I can honestly say that I do feel it's a little more responsive on
the mid to higher RPM range and does seem to pull alittle stronger up
hill before it downshifts. There is no sound difference at idle or
during normal driving, but you do get the nice 4 barrel like sound when
you open it up. I haven't gone a full tank of gas without a trailer yet
since I did this mod so I don't know if my mileage has increased or
not. If you would like a picture, you can email me directly and I'll
attache a Jpeg of it.
Al