Re: Air/Fuel Gauges

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 11:43:06 EST

At 09:53 PM 3/10/01 -0500, you wrote:
> <SNIP>
> 1. How distracting are the LED gauges at night? I can use this one as
> long
>as I want, but I don't want to go through installing it, taking it out, and
>waiting on an analog without some input.

I have the needle gauge so I cannot objectively say how distracting an LED
gauge would be. I find turning up the dash light to its fullest distracting at
night and used this as a guide for choosing the needle type.

> 2. Who makes a good analog meter that is comparable to Autometer's prices
>($40-60 usually)?

Mine is the Intellitronix and operates as it should.

>Anyone with any experience is welcome to chime in. I'm all ears. I've
>decided
>on the vacuum/boost gauge I want, but need to settle on my A/F gauge before I
>pick out my faceplates... Crit

If you're pretty sure that you are going to electrical gauges, consider
attaching
a wiring connectors box under the dash, connect the power
wires/ground/sending unit
wire to this box on the input side. On the gauge side of the box, connect
the wires
from the gauge to the appropriate connectors. This way, it gives you the
flexibility
to remove the gauge without removing the input wires. I have done this.

Hope this helps.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG