Air/Fuel Gauges

From: Crit Bennett (crit@engineer.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 21:53:59 EST

Well, this Air/Fuel gauge fell into my lap yesterday and I've had it wired in
and hanging for a day. I learned more in 5 minutes with this thing than I ever
would have thought. It's an Autometer LED one with 20 or so LEDs. If nothing
else, it's VERY helpful in finding the pedal position where the transition from
closed to open-loop happens. I was surprised how much it danced around and
realized that it'd probably be pretty distracting at night. I've seen some
analog ones before, but none that weren't $200. Can someone tell me:

  1. How distracting are the LED gauges at night? I can use this one as long
as I want, but I don't want to go through installing it, taking it out, and
waiting on an analog without some input.
  2. Who makes a good analog meter that is comparable to Autometer's prices
($40-60 usually)?

Anyone with any experience is welcome to chime in. I'm all ears. I've decided
on the vacuum/boost gauge I want, but need to settle on my A/F gauge before I
pick out my faceplates...

Crit

Sent through Cyberbuzz- A Server for the Students
http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/