Re:Re: Weatherflectors and Jet Stage II Chip installed

From: TX QC2000 (txqc2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 14:19:55 EST

Oops! Thanks Ron for pointing out the error.

Regarding my evaluation of the Stage II chip thus far
using my "butt dyno", I can't say I'm overly
impressed. I was hoping to get better response in
those WOT situations at merging speeds (ie. from 35
mph to 70 mph) but I can't honestly say there's much
of an improvement. My off-the-line performance is
really good, but that's always been the case. I also
notice more of a surge in torque around the 3000 to
4000 rpm range and from 70 mph + speeds, but I started
noticing that after I installed my Gibson catback, so
I can't necessarily say the chip has contributed to or
enhanced that performance aspect.

The things I have noticed are: 1) for some reason, I'm
getting slightly better gas mileage on my 1st tank of
gas using the chip (but I've only gone through 1/4 of
a tank); and 2) my transmission upshifts are slightly
more delayed -- which is my preference.

I figure I'll go through 2 tanks of gas on the chip
and evaluate the overall results, then go 1 tank
without and see if I can feel any difference.
Unfortunately, if the chip doesn't help, I may be SOL
b/c I don't think a custom flash will work on a 4x4
'00 5.9L. If your understanding is otherwise, please
let me know!

=====
'00 Quadcab SLT+ Garnet Red 4x4 5.9L 46RE 3.55 LSD. For list of modifications to my QC, see my profile:
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Vof5jrNb0pR1M/

For pictures of my QC & Accessories: http://www.geocities.com/txqc2000