Re: 3-way component speakers

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 14:44:38 EST

> Is it a "system" or did you mix-and-match? Mix and Match, but all Pioneer brand.

> What are the crossovers set at between the 8" and the 5's/tweets? Active and
> passive as follows,

The mids and tweets have a passive crossover that blocks bass from the dome tweeter
and a coil that blocks highs from the 5". The amp has a adjustable low or high pass
filter in it so I adjust it to send frequencies above 120 hz to the mid/tweets and
everything below 500 to the 8s in the doors. the 8s in the doors do a lot more bass
than you may think. then I have a 10" sub which uses the crossover in the radio set
for 50 hz. The mids are mounted in the kick panels straight but the tweeters are on
a bracket that aims them at the center of the headliner.