Re: Fuel Vapor Purge Solenoid

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 20:29:28 EST

Batman wrote:

> So, I'm just gonna ask out of curiosity....The vapor purge solenoid is there to reduce fuel tank emissions, I doubt that there is really a gain to disconecting it, so what's the point of disconnecting it?

It was in my way and looked ugly teed off from the full vacuum port in the front of the TB. This was on my MPI intake truck. Furthermore, the more vacuum hose you have connected - the less vacuum you will
maintain at idle. Considering that the power brakes are vacuum assisted - you decide. Ever owned an old corvette? I like my 18 in of vacuum at idle (113k miles later 8).

You asked,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"