Final flow numbers, 4.7L 68mm Stage I TB

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 10:30:25 EST

I've got the FINAL flow numbers for the 68mm Stage I TB, I talked to Hughes
Engines again this morning and Dave was able to squeeze about 30 more cfm
out of it! I have listed below flow data at 10" and at 25", just for you
Bernd! ;)
I asked Dave about the 10" test results, he says most Carburetors you see
are done at 10", so a 650 cfm Carb would be approx. 1025 cfm at 25". Dave's
opinion is, we're not even close to max out on air flow!! So that means, a
Billet unit from Bruce is going to be the way to go, for major air flow!
Since I am the test mule for Hughes engines, Its only costing me 75 bucks
(normal $150) for their service, plus I bought the 68mm TB. Total investment
about 225 bucks (300 @ normal price), for a 17% increase over stock. Not
bad, but not GREAT.
I bet 300 bucks will put a nice dent in the cost of Bruce's Billet unit. ;)
Hey Bruce, can I get one that flows about 1000 cfm??? :)

65mm TB (Stock) 400 cfm / 632cfm

65mm TB (Stage I) 450 cfm / 711cfm

68mm TB (Stock) 420 cfm / 664cfm (5% increase over stock 65mm)

68mm TB (Stage I) 481 cfm / 760cfm (17% over stock 65mm AND 13% over Stock
68mm)

I'll have it back just in time for the East Coast Meet this weekend!

Matt Y2K-HEMI
'00 RC 4.7L 5spd 3.92 4x2
14.23 @ 94.49