Re: Still Stalling!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 18:49:54 EST

> What kind of tranny do you have? Did you have a high load on the
alternator
> (i.e. lots of accessories in the ON postion) when trying to start after
the
> stalling?
> What was the weather like (cold, damp)? What did you do for the hour that
> you were in your girl friend's apartment :-) Don't have to answer this
> last one.

Bob,
Automatic tranny, A500 with OD I believe. I actually just had on the stock
headlights when this happened yesterday. I even turned everything off when
trying to restart it, except for the hazards of course. Today going to work
was great, it ran awesome. Just got in from my 35 minute drive home and it
stalled out 3 times! I am leaning right now towards the crankshaft position
sensor. They run $55 from the dealer and $40 from Autozone. The weather was
dry and about 40 degrees. Today it is raining and about 45-50degrees. Any
thoughts? Should I dish out $40 for a new CPS and hope it fixes things?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6