RE: Truck Stalling Update

From: Alek Benedict (alek@earthling.net)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 23:54:04 EST

: CLICK. I wish I could explain it better than a clicking noise, but it kind
: of sounds like someone, very briefly, is shaking a metal coffee can filled
: with marbles. Or maybe someone spinning a bicycle tire and having a metal
: garden rake hit the spokes. Now this noise doesnt last long at all, maybe
: 1-2 seconds, but it will happen 3-4 times within 15 seconds. I know noise
: indicates to most that I have a plugged catalytic converter, right? Should
: the converter be the next part replacement on my list? BUT, if my trucks
: converter was plugged, wouldnt it be running like this(the
: stumbling/stall)

The cat on my truck is bad, and at idle it sounds like someone shaking a
coffee can full of marbles. At around 1400 RPM it goes away. I haven't
noticed any performance loss because of it, though my gas mileage did go
down by about 1 MPG. But I still get my truck up to 60 MPH [sometimes
higher] daily.

--
Alek Benedict with a techno beat.
alek@earthling.net