Re: RE: Truck Stalling Update

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 00:05:15 EST

> The cat on my truck is bad, and at idle it sounds like someone shaking a
> coffee can full of marbles. At around 1400 RPM it goes away. I haven't
> noticed any performance loss because of it, though my gas mileage did go
> down by about 1 MPG. But I still get my truck up to 60 MPH [sometimes
> higher] daily.

But is it a constant noise? This noise doesnt happen all the time. Didnt
hear this noise for 2 weeks, then this weekend it happened one time, and
since then is more frequent, but once again doesnt last long. This noise is
much louder with the rear slider open, which is right where the converter is
at. I just dont know if it is bad or not. The stock conveter went out at
75,000 miles and the truck currently has 138,000 on it. I mean if I take the
truck into a muffler shop and ask then to look at my truck cause I think the
converter is shot, of course they are going to tell me it is just to make
$150+. Whatcha all think?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6