Re: Re: New stereo install

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 00:02:06 EST

Sorry, but will not work either. I have a pioneer head unit made for the
chrysler & gm openings. The problem is in the 2001 daks & durangos it fits fine
but the factory stereo isn't just rectangular it has rounded corners and the
opening is slightly larger than the aftermarket stereo. What you still need is a
slim trim ring to fill this void and make it look complete. Crutchfield told me
they are aware of the problem and that the makers of the head units might be
coming out with their own kits to remedy this. I have the loaded factory stereo
but if they come out with a kit for this application I may consider putting my
pioneer in.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+