Re: Boring Throttle bodies

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 12:26:33 EST

Batman,
Keep the plates the stock size! Once you port your TB it will flow upwards
of 725-750cfm, which should be fine! Just dont get into the area around the
plates with your boring bar or your idle wont be in range anymore!(with the
stock plates)... remove the ridge or reduce it above the plates, add as
much radius as you can on the inlets and do all of this with the plates and
shaft removed! Youll need to grind the part of the screws that stick
through the shaft off since the threads have been "upset". Then you can
unscrew them and slip the plates out of the shaft. The shaft will then slip
out of the TB if it isnt burred up! I dont reccomend doing much with the
stock shaft unless you re-coat it. Its got an Ecoat on it that prevents
rust and "lubricates" the shaft in the center journal. You can loctite the
screws on re-assembly and remove the upset length to reduce their profile.
Bruce