Boring Throttle bodies

From: Batman (batphreak@zombieweb.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 09:04:19 EST

I'm not wanting to step on anyone's toes here, but I've been thinkin' about actually boring out my own throttle body. I'm wanting to pick one up at a salvage yard or somethin, I have access to a mill and whatnot. The problem is the butterflys, I have no idea where I might be able to pick up plates made for larger throttle bodies, and I'm pretty sure it's a pain to make new butterflys. I know there's no way I can do better than Quick-D or any of the other guys out there making bored out throttle bodies, I'm just one of those guys that likes dinking around with my own stuff and saving a little money on the side. Anyone else tried doing this kind of thing? Anyone know where I might be able to get the larger throttle plates?

Thanks a lot,
-Batman
'99 CC 4x4 5.2L 5spd sprt wht
Open Element air cleaner