Re: Re: Boring Throttle bodies

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 14:55:41 EST

Stock 50mm flows 631 CFM @ 25"H20 more or less...
Bruce
----- Original Message -----
From: Batman <batphreak@zombieweb.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: DML: Re: Boring Throttle bodies

> I figured that if all I did was smooth everything out and still had the
butterflys the same size it really wouldn't flow significantly more. If the
bore size isn't changed then the flow is still restricted, I understand
cleaning out the paths and letting it flow smoother. What do these things
do stock on the flow bench? If it really increases it by just smoothing
everything out that'd be cool.

> -Batman
>
> --- bernd@texas.net
> > wrote:
> >
> >45 degree angle enough on the inlet of the bores Bruce? (Was having some
fun
> >with my V8 TB a few nights ago...still have metal flakes in my nose from
that
> >experience. ;) (Now I know why I don't miss porting stuff anymore!)
hehehehe