Re: RE: Looking for a bedliner

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 22:52:27 EST

Yep, like Josh said, it really depends on the application. Talk to guys in
junk yards who haul engines and trannies around all day. They'll tell you a
spray in is a waste of time for them. They cut too easily, even the hard
ones. This same discussion came up on the Ram list a couple of years ago.
The guys who haul heavy stuff all the time were spending too much time in
the shop getting the spray in repaired though the drop ins never had a
problem. Those guys like to drag the engine or tranny out of the bed too.
That's a bit difficult with a spray in since things slide a lot less. I have
a spray in, Rhino, and wouldn't trade it for a drop in, even with cash! But,
my usage is different.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers and computer, F&B TB, Gibson
cat back, MSD 6A and Blaster SS coil, Superior Transmissions shift kit

<snip>
Depends on the application. In my case, a spray wouldn't do, I drive my
snowmobile in the back of my truck, so that means 500 pounds of down
pressure from the carbide runners on the skis going down on the bedliner,
also the carbide studs from the track. The Carbides from the skis leave nice
gouges in the bedliner. If I had a spray in, I'm sure I would be down to
bare metal...

<unsnip>