Back from VMP Kinda long sorry and R/T spank

From: Y2KDakuda@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 00:43:08 EST

Well I am home from VMP and I had a great day. It started at 8:00am meeting
Scott Frank(I think that was his name sorry if it is not I suck at names)
Jodi and her B-friend and Tom for a caravan down from DC it was a great drive
7 Daks in a line(6 daks driving and one little shelby riding). There were
lots of badd Daks at the track and I got to meet some new people and hang
with some from last year. My day racing sucked I was way off and the power
loss was a real bummer they even ran out of food. They did have a guy out on
the track with flags starting races. I got the Huges 65mm Stage 1 from Matt
and we slaped it on. I felt a little better throtle response but my runs were
worse than they have ever beenanjd there was a major head wind. Ist run I
spun hard off the line and then missed 2nd gear DUH then spun again and again
in 3rd ran a 16.0(hanging my head) I had street tires on. 2nd run was better
15.3@88 but I was messing with the G-tech at the line adn when I looked up
the light was already green adn Scott was halfway down the track in his
shelby. did pull 219 RWHP but still had no traction. That was all the runs I
had time for. After trying to figure out why I was running so slow it hit me
my dumb butt did not reset the computer and drive it for a while after
putting on the new TB. so i did it before I left. now for the fun stuff. on
teh way home after about 50 miles of travel I wanted to see what the new TB
has to give me and all I have to say is OH MY GOD I never thought my truck
could pull so hard. My buddie was with me in his Kenne Bell supercharged R/T
RC he pulled up next to me on 95 and said lets go I was like I'll never be
able to keep up. so he nailes it adn about the time his door gets to my
fender I drop it into 3rd at 70 and we were off we took i tup to about 110
adn he never got his door pass my fender. He called me on my cell and asked
if I had installed a blower before we left. After that this Black RC R/T
pulled up and wanted some so we bothe left him about 8 cars back. He kept
comming back for more . We were door to door at 55 mph and he gave the go and
hit it so I droped it to 3rd and pulled away with ease he never gained an
inch and by the time I hit 95 he was about 3 cars back on it hard and I have
a witness I bet anything if I had reset the comp before I ran today I would
have run alot faster and if I would have put on slicks I could have run
14.6-14.7s with ease

Chris Lambert
Lowered 00 CC Sport + 4.7 V-8 5 speed 3.55 LSD Z-tube intake, Mobil 1, 180
T-stat, Huges Stage I TB, Jet Stage II, PowerSlot Rotors, Flowmaster catback
duel tips, Tint, 275/60/15 X4, Street Scene painted Mirrors, Clear Front
Lenses, chrome grille and bumpers