Re: Back from VMP Kinda long sorry and R/T spank

From: Signman615@cs.com
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 10:54:19 EST

In a message dated 3/18/01 1:00:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Y2KDakuda@aol.com writes:

<< Ist run I
 spun hard off the line and then missed 2nd gear DUH then spun again and
again
 in 3rd ran a 16.0(hanging my head) I had street tires on. >>

I don't feel so bad now Chris, I spun and missed 2nd on my first run also.
Although I apparently didn't recover quite as fast as you. I ran 16.6 @ 87mph
on that run (also my hanging head ). I ran three more times after that and
got a best of 15.2 @ 88.5 mph. Being the first time I've ever been to a track
I was quite nervous but it was a lot of fun. Hey, at least you didn't lock
your keys in the truck and have to wait around for a locksmith! I was a
little disappointed with my times but I think some of that was the factory
31x10.5 all terrain tires and that I'm 4x4. I guess the weight difference and
power loss through the transfer case played a bigger role than I thought it
would too. I was expecting to be in the mid to lower 14's with the
supercharger on this 4.7. Hopefully with some more practice and a stickier
set tires I can break into the 14's. Although for me to see low 14's I think
it's going to take a little more than that, maybe the new cam that's coming
out soon or getting the 10lb pulley and running 100 octane gas at the track.
I didn't think about it, but I should have put the SC in valet mode and run
the truck to see what it would run when the supercharger was bypassed. Then
I'd have some idea of what gains it gave me. We have a 1/8 mi. track about 30
minutes from my house. I'll take the truck up there and practice my launch
technique some more, and run it with, and without the SC and see what
happens. I'm definitely hooked now, can't wait to get back to a track and
play. I'd like to see what everyone else's best times were and what set up
they were running. Post 'em guys so I can have something to compare to. Had a
lot of fun and it was nice meeting everyone! Peace.

Paul
00 CC 4x4 Sport 5sp, Kenne Bell Supercharged 4.7, Borla Headers, Magnum Perf.
TB, KB cold air intake w/ K&N filter, Flowmaster 3" cat-back, 3.92 anti-slip
diff., Roadmaster Active Suspension