Re: MSD wires for 2.5L

From: Alex Harris (jetcity@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 19:28:47 EST

Custom set meaning they make a one-off set for you, not that they introduce
another model to their manufacturing line.

Why not buy the V8 set and use the shortest four? That's what most of us
sixers do, It's actually cheaper than the V6 and 4-cyl. sets (go figure) and
you have spares for emergencies and the like. P/N is MSD-32189 at Summit,
price is $58.95. The universal 4-cylinder set costs $62.99 plus your labor.

Also, I checked out premade sets for other 4-cylinder engines:

'93-'95 Mitsubishi Eclipse, 2.0L Turbo PN 32719 $75.00
'93-'95 Toyota Tacoma, 2.4L PN 32659 $70.00

So, maybe you don't want a custom set after all! :-)

I made my own coil wire out of MSD Superconductor bulk length, it's not too
difficult to crimp them up. If you do choose to go that way, gimme a buzz
for tips.

- Alex Harris with a jazzy riff

> From: Alek Benedict <alek@earthling.net>
>
> Well 4-cyl folks, I sent this email to MSD a few days ago:

[snip]