RE: MSD wires for 2.5L

From: Alek Benedict (alek@earthling.net)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 19:58:34 EST

: Custom set meaning they make a one-off set for you, not that they
: introduce
: another model to their manufacturing line.

I guess they misunderstood the question because I phrased it wrong.
My mistake. In the words of the great wordsmith, Homer Simpson,
"doh!"

: Why not buy the V8 set and use the shortest four? That's what most of us
: sixers do, It's actually cheaper than the V6 and 4-cyl. sets (go
: figure) and
: you have spares for emergencies and the like. P/N is MSD-32189 at Summit,
: price is $58.95. The universal 4-cylinder set costs $62.99 plus
: your labor.

Actually, that's probably what I'll do. Get two sets for the price of
one. Thanks for suggesting it.

Do the V8 wires come with one to go from the coil to the distributor?

: Also, I checked out premade sets for other 4-cylinder engines:
:
: '93-'95 Mitsubishi Eclipse, 2.0L Turbo PN 32719 $75.00
: '93-'95 Toyota Tacoma, 2.4L PN 32659 $70.00
:
: So, maybe you don't want a custom set after all! :-)

At those prices, you're right! Thanks for the suggestion, it's so simple
I never would've thought of it.

: I made my own coil wire out of MSD Superconductor bulk length,
: it's not too
: difficult to crimp them up. If you do choose to go that way, gimme a buzz
: for tips.

Will do, thanks!

--
Alek Benedict with a techno beat.