RE: Sure-Grip differential assembly

From: Rodney Lewis (rlewis@nicorenergy.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 12:13:55 EST

The open differential is actually better for you on ice as far as
control/handling. Auburn makes an excellent limited-slip, just don't know if
they make one for your application. The No-Slip is a beefed up version of
the Lock-Right which is a 'lunchbox' locker...it drops into your existing
case rather than replacing the case. This is a true locker, just not as
beefy as something like an ARB or Detroit No-Spin that replaces the case.
You'll get ratcheting noise and an occasional bang as it operates on the
street...these are really for off-road use, but people do still run their
off-roaders as daily drivers with these units in them, just have to adjust
to the handling quirks which mainly reveal themselves in turns and in
wet/snowy/icy weather. Should be fairly easy to adjust to in a long
wheelbase vehicle like a pick-up (I'm a Jeeper).

-Rodney