RE: Jet Chip vs Mopar Computer - which to use??

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 16:29:01 EST

The Jet Chip does not work good on your engine. The choice is yours but
others have not had good luck with it. The difference? The Mopar HP PCM is
the same as the stock computer that came with your truck except the
parameters have been changed to advance the timing and the fuel tables have
been changed to accommodate those changes. The speed limiter has also been
changed to 255.. Some HP PCM's will disengage the AC compressor at WOT to
give you a little more HP. The Jet Chip, on the other hand, reads from your
sensors, then gives falsified readings to the PCM to attempt to make the
stock PCM do what the HP PCM does. Some work partially, most don't at all.
Cost difference? The HP PCM, if one is available for your engine, is about
$100 more than the Jet. Both require 92+ octane fuel. The HP PCM is more
reliable. The Jet Chip connects between one of the input cables and the
PCM. On some occasions moisture in the Jet cable caused an non-startable
vehicle. I have the Mopar HP PCM on mine and wouldn't have it any other
way.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD