Re: How hot is too hot?

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 21:32:11 EST

Ok, not disagreeing, but the MAIN reason to change plugs cold is to prevent stripping the softer (hotter) threads; especially in aluminum heads.

Contrary to what one might think, a hole in metal gets bigger as the metal is heated. Of course the plug is getting bigger too. I think its a wash, not sure.

Marty