finally got something fast (bike) hehe

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 01:10:16 EST

Okay, I initially was going to get the kawasaki ninja 500EX, but that dream
faded. 4200 bucks-1000 down and 175 in payments for 2 years PLUS another
140 for insurance a month didn't sound too good.

I looked around and there was a 92 katana 600 for 2200 bucks.
Black/blue/purple paint job with purple powder coated rims (factory)
it has a timing advance kit, yoshi carbon fiber pipe, has been resprocketed
and has new dunlops along with a new x-chain (gold color)

I got it with a shoei matching helmet from the guy for 2050, Took it out
for a spin and WOW... you give it gas and the MPH gauge on the bike is
equivalent to the RPM gauge on the dakota. it screams to 10k rpms in first
gear, shift. run about 7k rpms and I was at around 70-80. man it's fast.

It feels great, but kansas weather is a little too cold to drive around in.
Hope it gets warmer and I want to give a thanks out to all those whom
suggested a used bike or gave ANY comments. Your opinion really did help
and I really have to say. a 600CC bike would be a great starter bike for
almost about anyone. It's fast, maneuverable, and nicely balanced in
weight.

I'm gonna go get my shifting/cornering straight so everything works out
better. Do you guys have any tips or tricks you use on how to mentally
remember which darn gear you're in? I feel like I'm just having too much
fun and I can't keep track if it's 2 or 1st I just shifted into for that
corner.... know what I'm saying? Thanks again in advance.
-Chuong