Re: Re: RE: Question for Bernd

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 08:08:37 EST

My Depot is cool.......well probably because I work there.

I always give stuff away.......yesterday I built a spanish mission for this
little kid. I felt bad for him because it was just his mom and him. they
didnt speak any english, and he had only a picture with all these directions in
english.

I remember when I was just a little kid.....okay, i was a big kid.......I had to
make one of those missions. My Dad the model maker for Mattel brought all this
stuff from work, and he had blue prints and everything........I kind of just
supervised. It got an A.......helped lead me to my college years, and my
wonderful career at the depot.

Anyway.....it took about an hour on the radial arm saw......and I made a huge
mess all over lumber......but since I work in hardware......its all good.

Instead of charging him for the wood.........I carved a little QD on the side of
the mission. He still had hours of work painting and landscaping.

I have also been working on some kids project........much tougher.
he had to build a shelf that can support 40lbs of sand and he can only use 1/4
real wood and two bolts.

I love my local bolt store.....but the depot is cool for other things. And you
really cant beat our prices......really. If you can.....we will still beat
it....and give you 10%.
And most of us give the little stuff away.......especially for the nice people.
You kind of start thinking the evil people are going to just steal it
anyway.........so you might as well give it to the people that are nice and
treat us with respect. We have only been open for 7 mos......and I am there
just about every day from 3-midnight. Its how the same people come in every
day....and they know my name, and I can trace the remodel of their home
depending upon what they are working on.

oops, sorry....enough about the depot....back to trucks.

but if any of you saw the show about our safety........
there are idiots everywhere........you need to be careful where ever you go. Its
just that the depot is a warehouse, so we have more big things and cool
machines.
but back when I worked undercover at the mall.........we had this lady get
knocked out on the first floor by a box that another lady knocked over the edge
of the escalator on the second floor. She got about a half million for
that.............Can I get hit on the head please.