Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Jet Chip vs Mopar Computer - which to use??

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 10:53:10 EST

At 08:00 AM 3/21/01 -0800, you wrote:
>OK, if the springs and retainers are good, what about the rocker arms and
>especially the weight of the pistons, doesnt that count at 6000 rpms?
>TJ

Yep. You can also include the lifters and pushrods. When I had the MP
Magnum R/T cam installed, I decided to beef up everything at the same time.
The MP cam kit comes with a set of better than stock lifters (actually,
came with
10 of them) and the MP 1.6 aluminum roller rockers came with a set of
strengthened
pushrods. Generally, aftermarket rockers will have less spec. production
differences
among them than stock ones.

Lighter weight/stronger pistons are good but I stayed with the stock ones
because, at
that time, no one in the aftermarket had them out for the magnums. Custom
made ones were far too expensive.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 CC Dakota, 5.2L, 4x2, auto., 3.92SG, 4,265 lb (racing weight)
Dyno: 231.2 rwhp 340.0 lb-ft rwtorque
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95