Re: Trouble Code with Blaster 3

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 14:45:35 EST

In a message dated 3/21/01 11:50:49 AM Central Standard Time,
dakotart98@hotmail.com writes:

<< I have a Diagnotistic Trouble Code P0351 Igniton Coil A Primary/Secondary
 Circuit Malfunction, Peak Primary circuit current not acheived with maximum
 dwel time. This appears with my Blaster 3 Coil and MSD6BTM ignition
 installed using the MSD universal wiring harness. Is this normal?

 Thanks,

 John Walker * http://www.fracus.net/~mopar >>

John,
I went through the same ordeal with a friends 97 Dakato with the MDS 6A and
an Accel replacement coil. You need the tach adapter (pn 8910, I think) from
MSD. Takes about 5 minutes to install. I found it cheapest at Summit racing.
 Not all Dodges react to the MSD correctly. There are a few that don't. The
tach adapt taps into the coil wires leading to the MSD unit and mounts
somewhere under the hood with two screws (included). HTH

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"