New tires

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 00:06:47 EST

I am asking this since some of you may have experience form playing with
tires on your daks. I am looking to replace my stock 255/65/16's and
maybe goto 265/60/17's. After checking the tire and wheel calculator the
over height is a little less than .50" more and stock and height is
between a 1/4" and 1/2" more than stock. It looks as though they would
fit but I figured I would ask to get some opinions on the list. I know
my speedo and MPH will be off but we are talking about a little over
1mph low at 75 and a little shy of 1,600mi. low at 100K. I will check to
see if my dealer has a tire size they can set it to to bring it closer
but I won't worry too much if this is all it is. I could go with
275/55/17's and be a little closer but I really want a set of Yokohama
AVS/ST's as opposed to the Pirelli Scorpion Zero's mainly due to the
tread wear rating since I don't want to have to spend this much on tires
that often. If this works I am going to sell the 255/55/17's that I have
right now on my r/t wheels. They are Michelin Pilot LTX's and have only
around 6,500mi. on them. I figure $120ea. but may go a little cheaper.
These are great since they are a true truck rated tire unlike what the
r/t ships with and they have a tread wear of 400. The tread looks brand
new. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+

p.s. Still have a F&B Stage I TB for a '96 dak with the V8 and it may be
able to be used with a V6. $125+shipping. Before anyone asks I don't
think you can use it for any other year dak but not positive as to what
years ram it will fit.