Re: IAT box & dyno results -- tech discussion

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 23:11:23 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> >From text book descriptions, sure....but from what i've seen from Speed
> Density Systems vs. Mass Air, (and that's from the Mustangs) i'll the Mass
> Air over Speed Density any day. Uhhhhh....the most advanced factory systems
> are a mix of SD and MAF Shane.
>
> There's just too much evidence that this mod works. Not trying to argue
> about it with you Shane, but check out the other lists as well.

I do believe that the IAT trick mod works - but am still trying to get my hands
on exactly what all it does and how it helps. Am guessing that the 1-3 degrees
of timing advance as well as a slightly richer mixture is it in a nutshell.
Works really well for heavily modded vehicles I understand - just not sure that
it is a good recommendation for the masses (daily driven slightly modded and
possibly heavier vehicles).

> (Sounds like this is going to be our "Deadlock" like with the O2 sensor and
> Open/Closed Loop issue.) ;)

What? Are we still deadlocked on that one? <as he goes digging thru his winter
scan tool logs...> j/k

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"