Re: '99 FSM on Ebay

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 13:14:18 EST

Another thing.

Just because the bid jumps at the last minute doesn't necessarily mean that people are actively bidding. The autobidding proxy will increment their bid automatically. So if you go over their current bid, but not their programmed max, the system will
automatically outbid you. There is no demonic force out there trying to get 'your stuff'.

Again, simply make an honest bid of what it is worth to you. The forget it. If you win you will get email to that effect. If you don't win, it cost more than it was worth to you.

It is very simple and there is no 'wrongness' in the process.

One more thing: generally life is not fair so its a good idea to get into the habit early of not sweating it. But in this case, the process is perfectly fair to the degree that you are honest about what the item is worth to you. Zero room for whining.

Rgds,
Marty

--
"I have lived to thank God that all my prayers have not been
answered." --Poet Jean Ingelow