trip to tucson

From: greasy (gg428@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 18:44:17 EST

well I am home, came up to phx this morning at 5:30 to be at work by 8!!! it
can be a heavy trafic drive to go just 100 miles.
    On sat I finally found why the truck never seemed to run right...
the k&N gen 2 I bought used off ebay is cracked, and the metal ring that is
bonded in to seat to the throttle body is coming loose from the air hat, and
it was not sealing to the throttlebody.
    A little liberal use of some black silicone gasget maker and no more air
leaks. I got the best milage since I installed it, a solid 16mpg on the trip
to and from phx and tucson. averaging about 85 on the highway. It feels
great!!! now I am ready to put on the hotchkis setup... if it ever gets
here!!
greasy