Re: Re: More on the Syntec/Mobil 1 story

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 20:14:38 EST

Well,I use Mobil 1,and my oil is always very black
also.But here is the way I see it: the black is coming
from somewhere.Which is worse,black oil or a dirty
engine? Apparently,Mobil 1 uses a stronger surfaceant
or detergent to get the grit loosened up to where it
can be drained out with the oil.I don`t believe that
Mobil 1 is,in itself,becoming blacker inside the
engine.I would rather have all that carbon and dirt
flow out with the oil instead of staying wherever in
the motor.Sorry if this is restating someone else`s
reply.I haven`t picked up on all of them. Steve P.
                                                 ---