Re: Relocated my AIT sensor !!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 09:07:31 EST

> After all the discussion about the AIT , I finally broke down and
relocated it. Its now in the "open air" right at the back of the hood where
it meets the cowl.
> I plugged the intake with a pipe plug.
> Its been VERY cold here the past few days, so it was getting some pretty
cool air. I took it for a test run, all I can say is WOW !!! what a
difference!!
> That has to be close to the best mod I have done!!
> I'm a little concerned about the effect on my MPG, but man what a kick in
the pants!!

Any idea on the pipe plug specs? Would all engines use the same tread/pitch
etc for this plug? Was the length of the wires/connector long enough to
effectively relocate it far away? Or did you have to splice in some longer
wires? I am now want to relocate the IAT this weekend, and just see how the
relocation works before/if I get a Bernd IAT box. Thanks.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6